Thursday 20 June 2013

Happy Anniversary....

And it was gone, uneventfully, and truly undeserving of the attention and anxiety I had allocated to this day.  Looking back I'm not sure what made me think of it as some sort of ominous being lurking behind me for weeks prior. In truth It came, it went and though the thought passed through my mind for a fleeting moment there were no tears, little anxiety and a surprising feeling of normality that day. 

A lot can be credited to a good friend who swept me off to small town NY for the weekend to keep me as far away from the chatter and the sympathy texts as I could get. I turned off my phone, separated myself from social media and ignored my emails, and even though I anticipated the disconnect would help, I didn't anticipate barely a thought of what would have been my first anniversary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment