Monday 23 September 2013

Thank-you's (L and K)

It is almost a year later. In this year I have made more changes in my life than ever. Some days it feels as if I am going light speed, I cannot stop moving forward, even if I tried. 

While this light speed has allowed me to achieve many things in the last 11 months, sometimes I feel I haven't taken a moment to address things. I haven't taken the time to stop and say thank you to those who have helped me. To those who I owe my life. This life. 

While I don't know who has come across or commuted to reading these pages the next couple of posts I will say the thank you's I need to say. I know all of them know, through conversations, emails or intuition. 
But, I've always been one to need to write the important stuff down.

Best Friend L
 
You are the first person I told. Though by mistake. You had the guts to interrupt the situation. When I have been  the stupidest I have ever been, you knew I needed help and acted. I know you think you were doing what you were suppose to as a friend, you were fulfilling obligation. But there is no obligation. You could have walked away, gone to Best friend A's shower and not bothered with it. Turned a blind eye, like so many people do so often. Even now, you meet me only with support and love. You accept me faults and all. From the bottom of my heart you are one of the Kindest, most devoted people I know. Thank-you

Best Friend K

"You need to leave" is what you told me as we sat in your car in the driveway of my condo. I had just confessed why I could no longer stay. "Accidents happen, he could throw something..." You said as you gave me the same look you give your son. I knew everything you said was true.

I was you who came with my Mother, who put me in your car and took me somewhere safe. I don't know the conversations that happened that Morning. I don't know what you were feeling as you knocked on my apartment door. If you were afraid, or if you were facing it with the same focus that you approach motherhood. I can't imagine being there, the other side of the story. But I will never forget the feeling of seeing to people I love come in. At that moment, I wasn't alone in the story anymore. 

In the 10 years I've know you you have never judged me, you support my decisions even when I cannot. You are amazing and I cannot imagine my life without you. My life that is even better because of you. 

Thank-you. 


M

No comments:

Post a Comment